If you are using a mail server, such as Outlook 365 or Google Apps (Gmail) then you can have your outgoing emails from Ninjodo show up in your sent items of your inbox.
To do this you will need to know the following 4 pieces of information:
- Outgoing SMTP Hostname
- Outgoing SMTP Port
- Desired SMTP Security
- Username (for your mailbox)
- Password (for your mailbox)
Google Apps or Gmail Users Settings:
- Goto your Admin center, and choose Email from the left menu (https://go.ninjodo.com/settings/email)
- Click on the "Outgoing Mail (SMTP)" tab
- In the first box (SMTP HOST) enter the following: smtp.gmail.com
- In the second box (SMTP PORT) enter the following: 465
- In the third part (SMTP ENCRYPT), choose SSL
- Click "Save Changes"
- Now look to the bottom of the page for the link "SMTPUsername" and click to enter your Gmail Email Address (NB: This is what you log in to Gmail with, not any Alias or secondary email you may have created)
- Now look to the right for the link "[hidden]" and click the enter your Gmail password
- Finally, click "Test" to make sure your settings are sending correctly.
NOTE: Gmail users need to update a setting on Google to allow a 3rd party tool like Ninjodo to send the email for you. See this article to make sure you have told Goolge to allow Ninjodo to send emails for you:
You have now completed your settings. Send yourself or a friend a test email from inside Ninjodo to confirm you receive it and that it also shows up in your sent items.
NB: By default you do not need to set your Outgoing Mail SMTP to send emails from Ninjodo. But doing so will help ensure a higher delivery rate due to receiving mail servers knowing your email has definitely been sent by you.